Michael Schuler’s Signature Dish: Moules Frites
Michael Schuler wants to reach as many people as possible with his creations and shows that outstanding taste sensations do not have to be complicated with his Signature Dish of Moules Frites.
Ingredients for the classic from the south of France: Moules Frites by Michael Schuler
- 1 kilo mussels
- 200 ml white wine
- 30 ml Pernod
- 30ml Noilly Prat
- 50 g butter
- 2 spoons sunflower oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 10 g dill
- 10 g chervil
- 10 g tarragon
- 10 g parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- Spices: salt, pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch spring onions
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Wash the mussels and leave them to dry.
- Chop the herbs.
- Roughly dice the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- Heat a large pot until it’s very hot and add sunflower oil.
- Add the mussels to the pot just before it starts to smoke.
- Add the butter, herbs, tomatoes and garlic and sauté.
- Deglaze with white wine, Noilly Prat and Pernod.
- Leave to boil for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Decorate with the spring onions and lemon and serve straight from the pot, just like in France. Serve with a portion of French fries. Bon appétit!
“Outstanding taste sensations don’t have to be complicated.”
Michael Schuler, Alex Lake Zurich